Even though it’s 2018, we’re still living in a time where brown actors are often mistaken for each other, no matter how successful they may be. Actors Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick, Silicon Valley), Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) and Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar movies, Designated Survivor) know exactly what this is like.
1. ‘The Big Sick’ actor an comedian Kumail Nanjiani had a disappointing day.
A day may come when I am not mistaken for another brown actor. But it is not this day.
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) March 8, 2018
2. It happens to The Big Bang Theory’s Kunal Nayyar as well.
Every time I get recognized for you I think “man I wish it were true:)”
— Kunal Nayyar (@kunalnayyar) March 8, 2018
3. Kal Penn, currently starring in ‘Designated Survivor, shows just how often this happens.
I have taken credit for both of your accolades in the last 2 weeks so I guess I owe you each a photo, half a beer, and an awkward extended hug
— Kal Penn (@kalpenn) March 8, 2018
4. And then Sarah Silverman responds in a hilarious way to drive home their point.
Why do you have three accounts?
— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) March 9, 2018
5. And Kumail appreciates it as well.
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) March 11, 2018
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from the world of social media!