The 90th Academy Awards ceremony was held in Los Angeles on Sunday night. Surprising winners, moving speeches, fresh meme material… the show had it all. Check out the full list of winners here.
1. Host Jimmy Kimmel took a couple of movie stars out to a nearby movie theatre to surprise a few unsuspecting moviegoers.
.@GalGadot @AnselElgort @MargotRobbie @HamillHimself @RealGDT Emily Blunt @Lupita_Nyongo @ArmieHammer @Lin_Manuel @IamGuillermo & I crashed a screening of #WrinkleInTime to thank moviegoers for moviegoing #Oscars @ChineseTheatres pic.twitter.com/KRUdM5Y0O4
— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) March 5, 2018
2. Jordan Peele, writer and director of ‘Get Out,’ made history.
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) March 5, 2018
3. And he couldn’t believe it himself.
I just won an Oscar. WTF?!?
— Jordan Peele (@JordanPeele) March 5, 2018
4. Netflix got a little ahead of themselves.
DRAFT: DO NOT TWEET pic.twitter.com/wmYPp0rpnk
— Netflix US (@netflix) March 5, 2018
5. Guillermo del Toro’s winning ‘The Shape of Water’ has kind of a fishy sex scene in it…
What a touching acceptance speech from Guillermo del Toro! pic.twitter.com/YmMdZcAtPR
— pixelated boat [ASMR] binaural ~4 hours~ (@pixelatedboat) March 5, 2018
6. It’s an easy target for jokes.
I heard somebody refer to “The Shape of Water” as “Grinding Nemo” and I’m never going to get over it.
— Veronica Miller Jamison ✨ (@veronicamarche) March 5, 2018
7. But it’s not for everyone.
Water takes the shape of whatever container it is in, this entire movie is horse shit. #Oscars
— Macaulay Culkin (@IncredibleCulk) March 5, 2018
8. Timothée Chalamet is the youngest Best Actor nominee in decades.
Timothee Chalamet is so young, he thinks the Boss Baby is just a normal boss
— Megan Amram (@meganamram) March 5, 2018
9. He also has the most wine-worthy name in Oscar history.
My favorite wine is a 1965 Timothee Chalamet.
— Conan O'Brien (@ConanOBrien) March 5, 2018
10. Comedy writer Demi Adejuyigbe and his friends created special Muppet versions of the posters of nominated films.
— Morgan Paige (@MorganPaigeLove) March 4, 2018
And more!! (6/9) pic.twitter.com/uxvbFkw0Bq
— demi adejuyigbe (@electrolemon) March 4, 2018
We’re VERY ready for the Oscars.
— MKB (@MatthewKBegbie) March 4, 2018
11. Some solid cosplay from Meryl Streep.
— dani (@TowerwhiteDani) March 5, 2018
12. Any guesses?
What realization did Jennifer Garner just come to? pic.twitter.com/pWtycEDEVs
— bobby finger (@bobbyfinger) March 5, 2018
13. We’re on to you, ‘Armie.’
Congratulations to Armie Hammer on winning the Oscar for 'Guy Who Clearly Made Up His Name While Looking At Nearby Objects'
— Funny Or Die (@funnyordie) March 5, 2018
14. Frances McDormand won for Best Actress and her speech is getting a lot of praise.
— The Academy (@TheAcademy) March 5, 2018
15. It also lead to people looking up what she was actually talking about.
📈'Inclusion' is our top search on the night, followed by 'cinematography,' 'in memoriam,' 'feminism,' and 'rider.' #Oscars
— Merriam-Webster (@MerriamWebster) March 5, 2018
16. And don’t forget: only Meryl Streep can improve Meryl Streep.
— jez (@jezirhamontuya) March 5, 2018
Congrats to all the winners!
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from the world of social media!
You’ve got to think about your health 😅 Follow us for more gems from the world of social media! . . . . #thebestsocialmedia #social #socialmedia #socialmediamarketing #marketing #followus #funny #lol #rofl #lmao #facebook #pizza #breakfast #whisky #whiskey #ladbible #comment #facebookcomments #healthfood #healthyfood #health #healthybreakfast