Big news in world of breakfast food: IHOP reveals what their new name, ‘IHOb’ stands for. Fans of the restaurant chain are outraged.
1. About a week ago, The International House Of Pancakes – IHOP – made an announcement.
— IHOb (@IHOb) June 4, 2018
2. People were trying to guess what the “b” stands for.
— Blake Buell (@blake_buell) June 7, 2018
3. And today, they revealed the reason why the “P” for Pancakes can flip off: they’re going all in on burgers…
— IHOb (@IHOb) June 11, 2018
4. It’s safe to say that people are… confused.
IHOP: We’re changing it to IHOB
Everyone: International House Of Breakfast isn’t bad
IHOB: BURGERS!!!! pic.twitter.com/iosPzknY6K
— IGZ (@igzrap) June 11, 2018
5. It makes little sense.
So they just announced what iHob stand for and it’s International House Of Burgers. I’ve been to iHop like a thousand times and I’ve never gotten a burger once… just sayin. 🤷🏽♀️
— ave🌼 (@_avery_becca_) June 11, 2018
— BLACK ADAM SCHEFTER (@B1ackSchefter) June 11, 2018
7. Other restaurants are following IHOb’s lead.
Inspired by the International House of Burgers announcement, we are also changing our name (Please do not ask what it means — we don’t know either.) pic.twitter.com/0HPQtQirHn
— A&W Restaurants (@awrestaurants) June 11, 2018
8. And Wendy’s is not afraid of this new ‘competition.’
Not really afraid of the burgers from a place that decided pancakes were too hard.
— Wendy's (@Wendys) June 11, 2018
9. Seth is already done with this.
Stop trying to make International House of Burgers happen!
It's not going to happen! pic.twitter.com/V2ZD86wEfx
— I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain (@SethFromThe716) June 11, 2018
10. Eugene has a couple other suggestions for that “b”.
I hope for IHOP’s sake that the B in IHOB makes it the International House of Burgers and not the International House of Bankruptcy. What a Blunder.
— Eugene Gu, MD (@eugenegu) June 11, 2018
11. *waves at a stack of pancakes*
IHOB: International House of Burgers, more like bye-HOP, I'm gonna go eat somewhere that's better.
— Nyx 💀💜 (@Nyxfears) June 11, 2018
12. This would be more sensible tbh.
IHOP changing their name to International House of Burgers is like your Grandma saying from now on she's your Aunt.
— JRehling (@JRehling) June 11, 2018
13. We will hunt you. And we will find you.
Sending thanks to the one asshole that went to IHOP and ordered a burger as a goof. You ruined it for everyone.
International house of burgers #ihob
— Arthur Vandaley (@RiffModeSquad) June 11, 2018
14. There’s still time to fix your mistake, IHOb…
International House of Burgers….
— Jake Krynock (@JKrynock) June 11, 2018
15. But let’s face it: IHOb’s most loyal customers will not be deterred.
“Hi, welcome to International House of Burgers, what can I get you?”
— Shane Dahlstrom (@Dahlstrom_Shane) June 11, 2018
Follow us on Instagram!