British supermarket chain Waitrose decided to sell gender neutral Mother’s Day cards this year. While they’re praised for this effort, they’re also met with resistance, as you might expect. In true British fashion, the opponents are met with a lot of sarcasm and humor.
1. Sherry is not a fan of Waitrose’s decision.
2. Graeme isn’t entirely sure what she’s complaining about.
3. She even turned Rob into a customer.
4. Sahara has questions.
5. Valerie is also not pleased about Waitrose’s decision to be “more transgender.”
6. Waitrose weighs in with a simple explanation.
7. Bells and Natalie bring some more context in case Sherry and Valerie still don’t get it.
8. And as Rob says, if you don’t like it, just don’t buy it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
We hope you had a nice Mother’s Day regardless, Sherry and Valerie…
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from the world of social media!