The devil’s in the details.
1. A Twitter user was admiring this beautiful flower painting when she noticed something truly bizarre.
2. Yeah, it’s very impressive, but wow…
this is Abraham Mignon btw, a Dutch master who paints incredibly lifelike snails and moths and dragonflies as well as flowers but wow that cat is fucking throwing me off so bad
— if u fav my tweets it means u love communism (@chelsesaurusrex) May 12, 2018
3. Let’s take a closer look at this thing.
😂😂😂😂😂 mood all summer ’18 pic.twitter.com/oqxXfiNXR3
— fiddlesticks….. (@youdamnskippy) May 12, 2018
5. How. Did. This. Happen.
It literally has a human nose I can’t stop laughing pic.twitter.com/zqxleVeK0u
— kleo mcq (@kleo_patraa) May 13, 2018
6. This could be an explanation for the monstrosity.
7. Obviously, people have other examples.
Badly painted renaissance animals are everywhere. This fine example from Berlin @wormington12 pic.twitter.com/LuloWoOQwW
— Noonie (@HansSchmuz) May 13, 2018
8. What a beaut.
— Wei (@w__h_) May 13, 2018
9. Not entirely sure why this one was added to the thread. That’s just a regular cat.
— amy (@thelastoflight) May 13, 2018
10. Oh no.
— Thomas Fuchs 😽 (@thomasfuchs) May 12, 2018
11. It didn’t matter if it’s cats or dogs, they all looked terrible.
— jazz treehouse (@jazztreehouse) May 13, 2018
12. And obviously: people are turning the poor catman into a meme.
— three forma nekros prime (@glassedplanets) May 13, 2018
When everything seems to be going wrong for you and you can’t understand why pic.twitter.com/QdpSUhNdqM
— . (@tofuwachii) May 13, 2018
But don’t worry, we found the real cat and it’s actually a very accurate portrait.
Follow us on Instagram for more social media gems!