It’s a boy!
1. It started this morning, when the official Kensington Palace account announced that Kate is going into labor.
Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge was admitted to St. Mary’s Hospital, Paddington, London earlier this morning in the early stages of labour.
The Duchess travelled by car from Kensington Palace to the Lindo Wing at St. Mary’s Hospital with The Duke of Cambridge.
— Kensington Palace (@KensingtonRoyal) April 23, 2018
2. The press gathered across the street from the hospital once again.
And so the door watch begins. The Duchess of Cambridge has gone into labour at the Lindo Wing as we wait for the fifth in line to the throne to be born. Is it going to be a St George’s Day baby?! #royalbabywatch pic.twitter.com/SISOa7t2yU
— Amanda Nunn (@amandaDnunn) April 23, 2018
3. This would make it a truly special day.
I'd love it if Kate Middleton, mid contraction, opened the window to the waiting press below & bellowed a big FUCK OFF.
— Rachel Hawkins (@ourrachblogs) April 23, 2018
4. To some, it’s a welcome distraction.
— Scene & Heard (@SaHreports) April 23, 2018
5. Some people are caught off guard by this news.
Would anyone like to join my club for people who legitimately did not know Kate Middleton was pregnant?
— Eli Matthewson (@EliMatthewson) April 23, 2018
6. While for others, it’s quite the opposite.
Why do I feel like Kate Middleton has been pregnant with this baby for at least two years
— 👺 (@erinnicoleoc) April 16, 2018
7. The timing is slightly awkward.
— Jo and Sparky (@joandsparky) April 23, 2018
8. It’s worth a shot, guys.
— Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge (@HRHCatherine) April 23, 2018
9. People having their baby on the same day, made the moment extra special.
— Emily Nash (@emynash) April 23, 2018
10. While it’s always a big media circus, for some it’ll never be enough.
I like the #royalbaby and your baby and all babies! If anything, I want MORE COVERAGE. ‘Sharon from Ramsgate is 4cm dilated and weeping for drugs. So much for your birth plan, eh Sharon.’
— Katherine Ryan (@Kathbum) April 23, 2018
11. For all the cool people who ‘don’t care’ about the baby, remember…
Before you tweet about how you don't care about the #royalbaby remember that people are allowed to be happy about things and you don't really need to crap all over that.
— Aisling (@aislingbrock) April 23, 2018
12. Poor Roy.
It promises to be a tough day for anyone called Roy Albaby #Royalbaby
— The Poke (@ThePoke) April 23, 2018
13. And then, the moment arrived – and so did William and Kate’s son.
— Royal Central (@RoyalCentral) April 23, 2018
14. The announcement at the hospital is… quite something.
— Chris Ship (@chrisshipitv) April 23, 2018
15. He just can’t catch a break.
— Rowan Meegan (@RowanMeegan) April 23, 2018
16. Ryanair saw a pun and went for it.
17. Huge if true.
BREAKING NEWS. New #royalbaby name is ‘Kanye’.
— David Walliams (@davidwalliams) April 23, 2018
18. It’s a weird name, but it does make sense.
#BREAKING Prince William's wife Kate gives birth to son: palace
— AFP news agency (@AFP) April 23, 2018
Great name! 👏 https://t.co/lc4LhNkCvd
— Crystal Palace F.C. (@CPFC) April 23, 2018
19. And if Kanye or Palace won’t work, Innocent has a few more fitting suggestions.
Some #RoyalBaby names that work well with George:
Of The Jungle
— innocent drinks (@innocent) April 23, 2018
Congratulations, Kate and William!
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from the world of social media!