WHICH. IS. IT.
1. Here it is. The soundbyte that broke the internet and people’s brains.
What do you hear?! Yanny or Laurel pic.twitter.com/jvHhCbMc8I
— Cloe Feldman (@CloeCouture) May 15, 2018
2. It’s driving people insane.
I heard Yanny all day and now I’m hearing Laurel on the same device and I can’t hear Yanny anymore. I guess I’ll just go fuck myself.
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) May 16, 2018
3. Daniel got it.
am i the only person on earth who can clearly hear that it’s saying yanny and laurel at the same time and you can just focus on either
— Daniel Howell (@danielhowell) May 16, 2018
4. You have a slighty different experience of this meme if you’re, well, deaf.
Yanni or Laurel? Don't ask me. I can't hear sh*t
— Marlee Matlin (@MarleeMatlin) May 17, 2018
5. Well, this was to be expected.
I only hear Yanni 😉 hahaha https://t.co/WrMMVvl8iX
— Yanni (@Yanni) May 15, 2018
6. Sports teams got in on it as well, and they somehow got different results.
🔊 Yanny or Laurel? Don't know about the rest of you but we hear something a little different…
— Bolton Wanderers FC (@OfficialBWFC) May 17, 2018
7. The Utah Jazz just gets it all out of the way in one single tweet.
FOR THE RECORD:
The dress is blue.
A dog would wear pants on its hind legs only.
— Utah Jazz (@utahjazz) May 15, 2018
8. People named Laurel must be so thrilled with this meme.
Stranger: what's your baby's name?
Stranger: what kind of name is Yanny?
— your bff alex (@psybermonkey) May 16, 2018
9. Even your navigation system has been affected.
My GPS keeps telling me to turn left on Yanny Canyon pic.twitter.com/ttaR1wVpYI
— DAVID DOBRIK (@DavidDobrik) May 16, 2018
10. It’s ending relationships.
Guy (having sex): Oh yes Laurel! Give it to me!
Laurel: WHO THE FUCK IS YANNY?!
— ᴱᴰᴱᴺ (@FutbolEden) May 17, 2018
11. Downside: people will only hear half the name.
Ok wow Drag Name: Laurel Yanny.
— Trixie Mattel (@trixiemattel) May 17, 2018
12. It’s already costing human lives.
My sister died yesterday after getting hit by a bus. I called out to warn her but she just ignored me. RIP Yanny x
— Dan (@ehdannyboy) May 17, 2018
13. At least you can’t hear one of them.
Yanny and Laurel both sound like chatty Jewish cousins I'm trying to avoid
— billy eichner (@billyeichner) May 16, 2018
14. Damn it, NO.
Who wore it better? Yanny or Laurel? pic.twitter.com/vC5Jei5CLQ
— Blake Stejskal (@BlakeStejskal) May 17, 2018
people who hear yanny:
Can carry on a conversation
IQ over 150
Rich ans Succesful
people who hear laurel:
— singular geese (@IndoBoiHusam) May 16, 2018
16. Damn it, WHICH IS IT?!
people who think it’s laurel:
• are correct
people who think it’s yanny:
• eat pizza with a fork and knife
• don’t use turn signals
• ask for snapchat streaks
• film fights vertically on their phones
• didn’t understand infinity war’s ending
— chris melberger (@chrismelberger) May 15, 2018
17. But, finally, the truth:
Friend 1: It’s Yanny.
Friend 2: It’s Laurel.
— Kyle Walny (@k_walnation3) May 17, 2018
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from social media!