Practice makes perfect – especially if you want to master a musical instrument. That’s what Sesame Street’s Ernie must have thought as well when he went ahead to practice his bugle skills in the evening. Bert isn’t so pleased, though…
1. Every amateur musician needs to practice to keep up their skill up, and Ernie is no different.
2. Bert, however, is not having it.
3. You can’t blame him when you see where Ernie is actually practicing.
Me:”I’m gonna go to bed early tonight!” Also me: pic.twitter.com/lMfOiajeok
— Belle 🖤 (@Belle_Wordsmith) February 28, 2018
4. The people are on his (bed)side.
Bert, I am 100% with you on this, Ernie should not be practicing the bugle when people are trying to sleep. You are right to be upset.
— Paul F. Tompkins (@PFTompkins) February 28, 2018
5. Ernie is getting a stern talking to.
Why Ernie, why? Why do you have to be so inconsiderate to people who love you?
— Lost In Translation (@zenrhapsody) February 28, 2018
6. It’s not just Bert he’s bothering with it.
But, Ernie… It’s really late. Please try to keep it down so that you don’t wake @bertsesame ‘s pigeons!
— natty bumpercar (@nattybumpercar) February 28, 2018
7. Awkwardly, a few people misread Ernie’s tweet a little bit…
Okay, why did my dyslexic behind see this: “Time to practice my BULGE!” Lawd, I thought for a second, “Good on you, Bert & Ernie! Live your truth! About time! Bert, you better wake up!!!! LMBO!
— Tené & her Hubby! (@CLE_SHONUFF) February 28, 2018
@mdboyd8 I just want you to know I read this as “bulge” and was legitimately distraught wondering who allowed this interaction to happen
— Dirty Hippie 🌚 (@hi_im_dong) February 28, 2018
8. That would give this interaction a whole different meaning…
— Matt Palmer (@mattpalmer1978) February 28, 2018
9. But fortunately, Ernie has some support.
Leave him alone
— NASCAR Rodney Dangerfield (@trillballins) February 28, 2018
10. And, well, if Nick’s timetable checks out…
@SesameErnie this tweet was at 7. Quiet hours on Seasame Street aren’t until 10. BUGLE AWAY MY DUDE
— Nick Dietz (@DataDietz) February 28, 2018
And if it bothers Bert so much, maybe he can learn this neat little trick from Ernie…
(Header image via)
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from the world of social media!