The ‘Gates of Heaven’ in Bali are the ultimate hotspot for a worthy holiday picture. If you type in ‘Pura Lempuyang Luhur’ as location on Instagram, you will find a lot of posts. However, there turns out to be an ugly truth behind this picture perfect location..
1. The Instagramposts look like this.
2. Obviously, the place looks like a dream. Especially the perfect reflection in the water.
3. But wait, what? That looks pretty weird…
4. This viral tweet of Polina explains the ugly truth.
Proof that Instagram influencers have ruined everything👇
My hopes & dreams were shattered when I found out the “water” at the Gates of Heaven is actually just a piece of glass under an iPhone 😭 pic.twitter.com/oiahI5VCIo
— Polina Marinova (@polina_marinova) July 4, 2019
5. Is this shattered dream the ‘fault’ of Influencers? Let’s say it’s more of a tourism trick in our social media age.
How are they ruining everything? It’s the locals who came up with that idea. And what’s the difference between this and fake green screens you can find at other popular tourist spots?
— 🏺 𝔣𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔮𝔣𝔞𝔥𝔪𝔦𝔢 🏺 (@faliqfahmie) July 5, 2019
6. Visitors feel like a catifsh out of water.
This was me 2 weeks ago in Bali. I was like, wait, where is the water? Felt so catfished. pic.twitter.com/w1THvDbx5u
— Bathabile Amirchand (@Thabi_Dhiren) July 4, 2019
7. But even without the mirror, the place is still breathtaking.
Thank you for your tweet. This temple is located in Lempuyang hill, Karangasem, Bali. The beautiful place to relax your soul. Enjoy your holiday in #Bali . I send you the original photo from that temple. Thank you! pic.twitter.com/UmRatNFtRX
— Putu Sukma Kurniawan (@SukmaKurn1awan) July 4, 2019
8. So if you’re planning on visiting Bali, don’t expect this illusory lake…
9. … but more of a tiny puddle.
There is a tiny water puddle 😉 pic.twitter.com/V4augnBvOP
— Ashwin kumar (@ashwinvx) July 4, 2019
Hey, do you already follow our Instagram account?