On Monday, news broke that the FBI has arrested former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort in their Russian election hack investigation. It was also revealed that a former foreign policy advisor named George Papadopoulos was arrested months ago and that he has been helping the FBI ever since. Turns out he’s not the only George Papadopoulos.
1. This George Papadopoulos is a financial planner from Michigan, trying to enjoy spending time with his mother.
2. Not everybody is buying it, though.
That’s what we’d expect you to say
— David Paxton (@DavidDPaxton) October 30, 2017
3. A lot of people sympathize with him.
I’m gonna apologize in advance for how long this day is gonna be for you on social networks…
— Dorian Gray👨🏽💻 (@EazyDoesnt) October 30, 2017
4. It’s not as bad as it could have been.
Could be worse…your name could be donald trump.
— Gilskee (@Gilskee66) October 30, 2017
5. People give him some useful advice.
Perhaps edit your name on Twitter to “NOT THAT George Papadopoulos” for the next few weeks?
— Cas (@casempire) October 30, 2017
6. But why should he have to be the one who does that?
— A White Sith Male (@JCWilliamsIRL) October 30, 2017
7. He’s not changing his Twitter handle to fit the theme either, because he has no reason to so.
8. Peter explains how this happened.
George Papadopoulos is to Greeks what John Smith is to the English. leave this George alone!
— Peter Papas (@CanadianFlags) October 30, 2017
9. OG George agrees.
10. His phone is blowing up.
11. Let’s face it, his is bound to happen.
12. It’s just getting worse and worse for poor George.
13. He even had to make this his pinned tweet.
14. At least there’s someone who knows what he’s going through.
I feel your pain, brother.
— Michael Bolton (@michaelbolton) October 30, 2017
They’ll get through this together.
Did you know you can also follow us on Instagram?! You should!