These officers came across one of their biggest nightmares on the side of the road. A bus filled with donuts partly caught on fire and, as we all know, donuts are the favourite snacks of American Police officers (at least according to the stereotype). They tweet pictures of the heartbreaking accident and instantly receive a lot of love and support from other police forces, which provokes a lot of funny reactions on Twitter.
1. This is just tragic.
2. The New Yorkers also feel te pain.
So tragic, we feel your pain.
— NYPD 9th Precinct (@NYPD9Pct) January 1, 2019
3. It can only go up from here.
Hang in there, 2019 will get better.
— Toledo Police (@ToledoPolice) January 1, 2019
4. The helpless calls are even heard across the Atlantic Ocean.
If any Scottish officers are affected by this atrocity then I am here to help!@policescotland
— NHS Scotland Nurse (@nhs_scot_nurse) January 1, 2019
5. Some officers experience truly awful things.
In this line of work, some things can’t be unseen. 😱🍩😫😪
My thoughts are with @lexkypolice officers in this time of tragedy. 😆🤣
— Officer Morton (@OfficerMorton) December 31, 2018
6. Thank goodness there’s other good officers to make sure the Lexington officers don’t experience a donut-draught.
Hang tight, we are sending backup forthwith, and these guys came prepared. We hope you like sprinkles. pic.twitter.com/S2WIY2ZR38
— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) January 1, 2019
7. The chocolate sprinkles could possibly lead to the main suspect.
Has anyone looked into where @dunkindonuts was that day? 🧐
— Chuck (@EaglesWinItAll) January 1, 2019
8. The police force from Lexington knows, apart from dealing with donuts, how to use Twitter, that’s for sure.
Well played Lexington. Well played, indeed. 👏👏👏
— La Verne Police Dept (@LaVernePD) January 1, 2019
9. We’re closing with this compassionate tweet from the UK Police.
We feel your loss. We donut know what else to say. 🍩😰🍩
— UK Police (@UKPolice) January 1, 2019
Thanks for the tip, Onno!
By the way, do you follow us on Instagram yet?