Communication. It’s undeniably important. Even more so in signs, where you need to get your message across as quickly and efficiently as possible. Which makes it all the more tragic when some design decisions lead to the completely wrong message, or the right one in the worst possible way.
– Written by Lex Griffiths –
1. It’s shockingly easy to go from clear and understandable to complete nonsense.
This sign has broken me. I’m ready to just throw off the yoke of society and live ferally now. pic.twitter.com/0u0wK0GC1D
— Bob Lesh (@Bob_Lesh) March 4, 2018
2. Hopefully this isn’t exactly what they meant…
3. This could only have gone worse if it’s actually a foot spa.
4. Spas and hairdressers seem a bit one-track minded.
5. Sometimes you’re reading too much into these, but sometimes they just invite you to.
6. And sometimes the problem isn’t the sign, but who the sign is for.
7. You’ve got to wonder how people keep mistaking it for one.
tfw you mistakenly think youre at the penis museum pic.twitter.com/YwJFbMftsV
— DougExeter (@DougExeter) March 12, 2018
8. Kerning, it’s important. Just ask guys called CLINT.
— Stephen Paul (@translatosaurus) April 18, 2018
9. The important thing is that you tried.
10. Poor Ohio.
Legoland is a harsh place. pic.twitter.com/j04ZMSwqFw
— Metriko Oni 🌹 (@metrikoni) March 15, 2018
11. Chris, you have GOT to stop stealing Jesus’ thunder.
12. Maybe they want to give you a taste preview?
13. Let’s hope the pun wasn’t a grave mistake…
My friends, THIS is a slogan. pic.twitter.com/p2KqWvmnEE
— WilliamThornton (@billineastala) March 2, 2018
14. Is it a new twist on bangers and mash?
Follow us on Instagram for more gems from the world of social media!